What kinds of materials can I donate to the ReStore?
The ReStore accepts donations of new, gently used and salvaged building materials. We are able to accept almost all kinds of donations. See a more comprehensive list of what donations we can accept.
What types of materials will the ReStore not accept?
We will not accept any materials that our staff or volunteers deem unable to sell. Other materials that we currently cannot accept include:
- Lead Paint
- Clothes & Toys
- Automotive Parts
- Broken or unframed glass
- Broken mirrors
- Old cans of paint or less than 1/2 full
- Paint thinner or other hazardous or toxic chemicals
- Pesticides (liquid or powder)
Are my donations tax deductible?
Yes! We will gladly provide you with a donation receipt which you may use with your tax information.
Does the ReStore assign a value to the items that I donate?
No, you are able to place your own value on this. We cannot be responsible for this, due to liability issues.
How do I go about donating?
If you have good, reusable or new materials, give us a call at (608)356-0332.
Why should I donate to the ReStore?
Here are four great reasons to donate to the ReStore:
- You get rid of unwanted items in your house.
- You keep items from being thrown into our already overflowing landfill.
- You receive a tax deduction.
- You help Habitat raise money to build affordable homes in the Sauk-Columbia Area!